Expose new BumpChannelClose event for channels with anchor outputs (on-chain)
Host: ariard -
The PR branch HEAD was 0e079cd at the time of this review club meeting.
- LDK currently supports the legacy
update_feeprotocol to adjust the feerate of the pre-signed transaction in function of mempool congestions.
- #1689 brings the first pieces for the anchor output support protocol, aiming to offer dynamic fee-bumping by leveraging Child-Pay-For-Parent to LDK users.
- A new event
BumpChannelCloseis introduced to signal to users the necessity to attach a fee-bumping CPFP to a pending commitment transactions, waiting block inclusion.
- How the
update_feemechanism is working ? What are the limits of this fee-bumping mechanism with pre-signed Lightning transactions (e.g additional fee buffer) ?
- How the anchor output idea aimed to improve fee-prediction issues in contracting applications like Lightning ?
- What is the role of the mempool in a full-node implementation and why it was necessary to introduce the carve-out ? What are the limits of the carve-out ?
- Additionally of the mempool acceptance changes, why the scripts of the anchor output transactions were modified ?
- How the
to_remote_anchoroutputs scripts are derivable by a third-party and why it has been designed that way ?
option_zero_htlc_tx_feewas introduced ?